- This event has passed.
Load Shift Working Group: Kickoff Workshop
February 28 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
The Load Shift Working Group (LSWG) will be meeting on Wednesday, February 28th.
Please come prepared to discuss a recommended scoping and prioritization approach for the working group.
- Working Group distribution list (last updated 2/27/18)
- Draft presentation slides
- Shift Demand Response Primer (LBNL)
- Date/Time: Wed 2/28/2018 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Location: The CPUC’s Courtyard Room: 505 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102
- Webex Info:
- Dial: 1 (800) 603-7556
- Access Code: 40-182-032
- Link: https://pge.webex.com/pge/j.php?MTID=md3a0f74a19aaf28f63013f2a2f093e3c
Background: The Load Shift Working Group was established by Decision 17-10-017 to develop proposals for new models for demand response to integrate into the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) wholesale market. Table 2 from D.17-10-017 describes the tasks of the working group, including:
- Defining and developing new products including load consumption and bi-directional products;
- Developing a proposal of whether and how to pay a capacity value for load consuming and bi-directional products to provide to the resource adequacy proceeding prior to January 31, 2019;
- Developing a list of data access issues relevant to new models that should be addressed prior to launching new models;
- Developing a proposal on how to better coordinate the efforts of CAISO and the Commission to integrate new models of demand response into the CAISO market; and
- Identifying the value of new products to provide to the resource adequacy proceeding prior to January 31, 2019.
We look forward to your participation next week. If you are not on the distribution list and would like to be added to the LSWG, please email email@example.com.