- This event has passed.
Load Shift Working Group: Workshop #5
June 19, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT
Please hold the date and time for the next meeting of the Load Shift Working Group. The in-person meeting will be held at the PG&E, Room 938, 77 Beale St., San Francisco, CA 94105.
Registration Link: As this month’s meeting will be at PG&E’s offices, please register by noon on Monday, June 18th so we can quickly get you through security: https://goo.gl/forms/XCCHZWljA1xTZy933
Agenda: June 19, 2018: Deep Dive on Baselines
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM: Introductions and Purpose – Gridworks
- 10:15 AM -11:00 AM: ESDER 2 Baselines and Baseline Analysis Working Group Findings – TBD
- What was examined and developed in the BAWG Proposal and what can be applied to the LSWG?
- 11:00 AM-11:30 AM: Analyzing ESDER 2 Baselines and Load Increase (10 min presentation, 20 minute discussion) – Sila Kiliccote, SLAC & John Hernandez, PG&E
- What baseline issues will SLAC/PG&E study and how could it inform the product design/baseline considerations of the LSWG?
- 11:30 AM-12:00 PM: Putting this into practice: Lessons Learned from the Excess Supply Pilot (XSP) Baselines (10 min presentation, 20 minute discussion) – PG&E
- How did PG&E come to use the 10-in-10 baseline for the load increasing XSP? What were lessons learned from using the 10-in-10?
- 12:00 PM-1:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM -2:00 PM: Baseline implications premise, device and both participating in DR (20 minute presentation, 40 minute discussion) – Eric Kim, CAISO
- What questions has the CAISO grappled with when developing the PDR-LSR baselines in ESDER 3?
- What specific considerations should the LSWG be aware of when considering baselines that are technology neutral and may need to assess typical performance of a device, premise or both?
- What implications are there for baselines and frequent use?
- 2:00 PM- 3:00 PM Conclusions and Next Steps (Gridworks)
- Capture conclusions.
- Assess how today’s session may influence the JDRP’s proposal for a technology neutral and premise-level enhanced PDR product.
- Homework for 7/18 meeting.
Remote call-in information and presentation materials will be posted shortly.