- This event has passed.
Rule 21 Working Group 3 – SIWG Call (Issue 27/28) February 21
February 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm UTC-7
Rule 21 Working Group 3 and SIWG participants,
Please hold this time for a 2.5-hour call to discuss Issue 27/28 of Rule 21 Working Group 3
PART A: 1:00-2:00pm Use Cases
QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED FOR EACH USE CASE (DURING CALLS FEB 21, MAR 14, AND COMPLETE BY APR 4)
- Do we include it in our proposal?
- What is the priority (order) and timeline for developing it?
- Do we expect it to provide services under IDER tariffs?
- What does WG3 need to reach agreement on regarding it?
- What are the proposed procedures and rules for services from it, that are anticipated from IDER tariffs? (Being filed 2/15)
- What needs to happen (i.e., standards completed) before it becomes viable?
- Interconnection — Overloads
- Interconnection — Overvoltage
- Reactive power
- High voltage (potentially multiple use cases)
- Low voltage (potentially multiple use cases)
- Storage as a dispatchable resource (CALSSA proposed)
TECHNICAL ISSUES (MORE TO BE ADDED)
- Volt-Var and PF functions for reactive power support — should we wait for further IEEE standard for Constant Reactive Power mode?
- Disconnect and Reconnect — must wait for DERMs? Is there another way of facilitating these
- Can we identify further evidence of value of making seasonal changes for voltage support?
- Are there scenarios under which smart inverters can provide voltage support on the primary? If
- so, what are they? If not, can we demonstrate this conclusively? Is additional study needed?
PART B: 2:00-2:30pm DERMS
- How do we show net benefits to rate payers of communication investments to use Phase 3
- Which communications networks are best able to facilitate the realization of these benefits?
- Timelines and phases of DERMS development?
- What flow-charts are needed to show correspondence of DERMS development with smart inverter functions and operational requirements?
- Priorities for DERMS development given use case priorities and IDER tariffs
Join the call: https://zoom.us/j/488565400
Optional dial in number: 1-720-707-2699 or 1-646-558-8656
Pin: 488 565 400 #
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/abALRD119v
The most up-to-date meeting calendar will be available at the Rule 21 WG 3 website: https://gridworks.org/initiatives/rule-21-working-group-3/
Please let Alex Smith know if you have any questions (email@example.com)