- This event has passed.
Targeted Incentives, Targeted Marketing: Getting Ready to Sustain Solar Beyond Net Metering
May 24, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT
This is part 1 in a series of advanced market development discussion topics—addressed by experts with an eye towards action and dismantling barriers to adoption of distributed energy resources.
Discussion Summary: The CPUC has repeatedly expressed its intent to differentiate incentives for customer adoption of solar by location, reflecting their locational value to the grid. Such incentive structures will introduce new complexity for utilities, CCAs and third-parties seeking to efficiently market solar for customer adoption. This roundtable will begin discussions of how to adapt to this potential challenge, considering questions such as:
- What challenges does locationally differentiated incentives pose for utilities, CCA and third-parties as they encourage solar adoption? How does this challenge differ by customer class?
- What business models are being considered in preparation for this change?
- What data exists to reduce complexity, who has it, and can it be shared? What platforms are needed?
- As invested stakeholders what additional coordination, actions are required?
- 4:00-5:30pm discussion
- 5:30pm-onward networking/beverages
RSVP: please respond to Matthew Tisdale (email@example.com)