- This event has passed.
Vehicle-Grid Integration Working Group, Workshop #4
January 22 @ 10:00 am - January 23 @ 1:30 pm UTC-7
Workshop #4 of the Joint Interagency Vehicle-Grid Integration Working Group will be held on January 22-23, 2020 in downtown San Francisco.
The two days of the workshop will take place at two different locations:
- Wednesday (1/22): The Stanford Conference Room at 4 Embarcadero Center, 10am – 5pm
- Thursday (1/23): Golden Gate Room at CPUC Headquarters (505 Van Ness Avenue), 9am – 12:30pm
Note: subject to adjustment given proposals and presentations submitted by parties
Day 1, Wednesday Jan 22nd.
The Conference Center is located in Four Embarcadero Center on the Promenade Level. Take the elevator to the Promenade Level and follow signs for “Conference Center.” We are located on the Promenade Level across from Sens Restaurant.
Parking Info: http://embarcaderocen.wpengine.com/parking/
10:00-10:20 – Welcome, agenda, introductions, Working Group update
10:20-11:40 – Review of scoring results
- Overview of Subgroup B work on scoring
- Scoring compilation and summary
- Numerical and graphical representations of scoring results
11:40-12:30 – Feedback and commentary by parties on scoring results
- Observations on scoring results
- Divergences and variances of scoring results
- Strengths and weaknesses of scoring results
12:30-1:30 – Lunch
1:30-3:15 – Presentations of party proposals for answering PUC Question (a), “What VGI use cases can provide value now, and how can that value be captured?”
- Interpretations of scoring results and implications of results for answering PUC Question (a)
- Real-time interactive views of scoring results and the meaning of the scoring results
- Questions and clarifications of party proposals
3:15-3:30 – Break
3:30 – 5:00 – Discussion and conclusions from parties’ proposals
- Which proposals or ideas seem clear and can be adopted readily?
- Which proposals or ideas need further consideration and discussion?
- How do stakeholders agree or disagree on benefits, costs, implementability of proposals?
- What further work may be needed beyond this workshop?
Day 2, Thursday Jan 23rd.
Directions and Parking Info: https://www.cpuc.ca.gov/Directions/
9:00-9:15 – Address by Commissioner Rechtschaffen
9:15-10:45 – Discussion and conclusions from parties’ proposals (continued)
- Moving towards convergence of answers
- Recognition of consensus and non-consensus and different party positions
- Further actions to be taken by 1/30 Working Group call
11:00-12:00 – Policy implications from scoring and screening
- Past stakeholder comments on policy from screening, scoring, and Subgroup discussions
- Policy-relevant items from yesterday’s and this morning’s discussions
- Looking ahead to next stage of Working Group on policy recommendations
12:00-12:30 – Wrap up, next steps, next Working Group call, next Subgroup
Remote Access for both days will be available through Zoom.
Web Access: https://zoom.us/j/8569536132
Meeting ID: 856 953 6132
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,8569536132# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,8569536132# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 856 953 6132
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acloaL87zw
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.