The Load Shift Working Group was established by Decision 17-10-017 to develop proposals for new models for demand response to integrate into the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) wholesale market. Table 2 from D.17-10-017 describes the tasks of the working group, including:
- Defining and developing new products including load consumption and bi-directional products;
- Developing a proposal of whether and how to pay a capacity value for load consuming and bi-directional products to provide to the resource adequacy proceeding prior to January 31, 2019;
- Developing a list of data access issues relevant to new models that should be addressed prior to launching new models;
- Developing a proposal on how to better coordinate the efforts of CAISO and the Commission to integrate new models of demand response into the CAISO market; and
- Identifying the value of new products to provide to the resource adequacy proceeding prior to January 31, 2019.
The Joint IOUs delivered the following compliance reports to the R.13-09-011 service list:
On December 31, the Working Group completed drafting its Final Report. The report will receive graphic design and be submitted to the CPUC by January 31, 2019. The Final Report is available here.