The Load Shift Working Group was established by Decision 17-10-017 to develop proposals for new models for demand response to integrate into the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) wholesale market. Table 2 from D.17-10-017 describes the tasks of the working group, including:
- Defining and developing new products including load consumption and bi-directional products;
- Developing a proposal of whether and how to pay a capacity value for load consuming and bi-directional products to provide to the resource adequacy proceeding prior to January 31, 2019;
- Developing a list of data access issues relevant to new models that should be addressed prior to launching new models;
- Developing a proposal on how to better coordinate the efforts of CAISO and the Commission to integrate new models of demand response into the CAISO market; and
- Identifying the value of new products to provide to the resource adequacy proceeding prior to January 31, 2019.
The Joint IOUs delivered the following compliance reports to the R.13-09-011 service list:
The Final Report of the Load Shift Working Group was served on January 31, 2019.
Gridworks hosted a webinar on the final report from the Load Shift Working Group on 2.28.19. The slides from this webinar are available here